Monday, September 20, 2010

HAM SANDWICH ( cloth)

YEP! It's made out of cloth and no you cannot eat it. Its a toy... fun food.. all hand made. I had so much fun making this. I used white cotton cloth for the bread, the edges(crust) is felt that I sewed from the inside out and then closed it off after being stuffed with 1 in. thick foam cut to look like a piece of bread. I then sewed all around this by hand just to make it a bit taught.
The lettuce is green vinyl stuffed with a bit of foam and sewed over, and around the edges. The oinion out of white sewn in a spiral. The pickle out of green .. i found the best fabric at JoAnns ' .. the cheese is a cleaning cloth made from terry cloth. The tomatoe same as the pickle... just out of cloth. The ham is pink cotton with swirls of white... then... they all have velcro on them and then I reinforced that with some fabric glue. The kids will surely tear these off if not re inforced... How fun. I spent 3 hours on this one... my first. I had fun!!!!!!!
Finished Sandwich
WAH LAH!!! There it is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment